Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:42:02 -0400
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bzip 2 fails MD5

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 11:43:32AM -0700, Studded wrote:

> dependency due to it failing the MD5. I double-checked bzip2 and it
> compiled ok when I built it with the option to ignore MD5, and once it

I've updated the port to reflect the new md5, thanks.

I've also updated it to honor CC and CFLAGS.

<RANT>
	Why do Makefile authors have such an aversion to trusting
	make?  I don't WANT all of my software changing CC and
	CFLAGS!  gcc is fine (and on FreeBSD it's our cc) but it's
	not the end-all and be-all; my research code on the Ultra
	runs twice as fast with "cc -fast" vs. "gcc -O3"!
</RANT>

We now resume our usual sanity, whatever that may be.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.