Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 20:36:47 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Kevin Street <street@iname.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, dfr@nlsystems.com, mike@smith.net.au, rminnich@Sarnoff.COM, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Star Office Installation

> Ok, consider this message my attempt to steer it in a more pro-active
> fashion then.  I'm telling you outright: What works and works best
> around here are people who are willing to lead from the front.
> Now what are you prepared to do about it?

I appreciate your advise and I will not step in to fix the problem for
I think that there are plenty of hackers out there who would enjoy
Star Office . If no one steps in to fix the problem then it will not
get fixed. (Don't worry. We already have a hacker downloading
Star Office and  eyeing to fix the linux layer).

On my todo list:

I am actively getting ACE/elf  up and running on -current something
that was a total fiasco with a.out. Can you believed the size of
this nice ACE test program compiled with -g:
{hasty} ls -ald Barri*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 hasty  rah  82990 May 30 23:37 Barrier_Test

Previously with a.out that used to be an 8 megabyte monster.

After that I have this little thing to integrate in the bt848 driver:

>From Dru Nelson <dnelson@redwoodsoft.com> :

Here it is and a brief description.

I am willing to answer any questions concerning this code to get it
into the official hasty FreeBSD driver. I probably won't be working
on this anymore, but at least it can be there if someone wants to
take it further.

As it stands, the code should only work in NTSC video, no checks
are done to insure this. It is set up for single capture, then
it writes into the buffer (which should be mmaped in). Notice,
once vbi capture mode is turned on, that is all that gets captured.
No video is captured. In this current form, I had enought BT848
RISC to capture 8 frames back to back. This can easily be changed
to capture just one frame.

	Amancio