Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 23:00:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I see one major problem with DEVFS...

<<On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 02:18:16 +0200, Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no> said:

> If you want the removal of config to happen, _do something about it_.

A lot of us don't.  Most of us who don't are the same ones as learned
long ago to filter out mail matching ^From:.*tlambert@.*primenet\.com.
Terry has been complaining about config for five years now, and while
the current config is a mess, I don't believe that there is serious
disagreement about the need for such a tool.  (I think this goes
particularly for those of us who operate machines that people actually
depend upon on a day-to-day basis.)

-GAWollman