Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:29:10 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Using a bi-processor with FreeBSD

Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a HP Vectra XU with a bi-processor intel
pentium 200Mhz

How can I be told that the two processors are both used ?
Is there something to configure somewhere to tell FreeBSD that it can
uses the 2 ? (by rebuilding the kernel ??)

I've seen on another machine where FreeBSD 3.0 was installed. When running
applications, in the 'top' output, I could see in the "state"
column CPU0 and CPU1 running.

But not on my machine, so I believe that I don't use the 2 processors ?
Should I swap on FreeBSD 3 ? or is there just simply an option to configure
in the kernel building ?

Thanks for help,

Tram
--