Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 01:05:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        scottp@inetport.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: distribution of FreeBSD

> Hi !
>
> I own and operate a small Co. in Austin Tx.
>
> We have developed a server product that requires FreeBSD or Linux (we
> want it to be FreeBSD)

Cool.

> My question is - is there a Lic. fee of some kind if we distribute
> FreeBSD
> in our server product ?

FreeBSD is distirbuted under the BSD license.  All it requires is that you
display a copyright header on any advertisement.  You can get a copy at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/COPYRIGHT.

Please note: I'm not sure about this.  This is just based on what the
license says.

> I was unable to locate any info on this subject on the web site.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Parrish, CEO
> The Internet Port, Inc.
> Austin, Tx 78759
> (512)-349-2791
>

> PS --
>
> Our Co. has plans to make donations to the FreeBSD org - say $xx.xx
> number of dollars
> for every copy we distribute - but we have not come up with a fig. yet.
>
> Again, we are a small start up Co. and are working on a very small
> margin.
>
> We know how much work has gone into FreeBSD and I will make sure that
> the FreeBSD org
> get something in return.

This would be greately appreciated, but I don't think it's required :)

> Thanks Again

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/