Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:22:49 -0700
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM layout

--==_Exmh_-1757434944P

If memory serves me right, Drew Derbyshire wrote:
> I just went through all four 2.2.6 CD-ROM's looking for the source
> tree -- am I blind, or is this no longer on the discs?

The kernel is on disk #2, in MOUNTPOINT/usr/src/sys.  But as far as I was ever
able to determine the rest of the source tree isn't on CD-ROM.

> I remain VERY unhappy the discs are not labeled properly with the
> specific disc contents -- the doc bug I cut on this was closed without
> my permission.

I once thought about doing a send-pr on this, but changed my mind.  Looks like
it wouldn't have made any difference.  (Well, I guess it's hard to retrofit
the CD-ROMs after they've been packaged and shipped out!)

Interesting fun fact:  There are entries in the on-line CDDB for the Walnut
Creek CD-ROM FreeBSD distribution disks.  It was weird to see "FreeBSD 2.2.6
Distribution Disk 2" come up in my xmcd display.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1757434944P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNYv9+KjOOi0j7CY9AQFULQP/ZwMiaqzhrZuhBkg+JjYMl5J04qeA8qCp
md3NMSZ6LIavCPrTHZkbZIqURHGiT2xWcfnAQcJvusv+Mu3Nw/lTv19LyddOmGAB
mNi39ZAcGsCPMowHodv2pby/tF9WVaWZnlUbsXb1ZZpzRLwgPQNgkobC7W2IV/2v
9s8AmrjDLbo=
=wkUm
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1757434944P--