Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:28:49 -0400
From:      "Michael R. Gile" <gilem@wsg.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DPT w/ 2.2.6-RELEASE problems

I was reading some of the threads on the install procedure for this version.
It appears that I must rebuild the kernel after installing before rebooting.
This explains why I couldn't successfully boot into BSD after installation.
(Is there perhaps a snap of the stable tree which does not require this step?)
However, i have another problem.  After getting through the installation, the
install hangs while attempting reboot at the "syncing disks" line.  It just
sits there appearing to do nothing at all... no disk activity....

I have successfully run this machine with both NT and Linux RedHat.
It is a PM3224 with firmware 7G2.  I noticed that most people suggest
7H1, but i don't have a ROM burner handy at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions at what could be causing something like this?

Thanks for your input.

-Mike