Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 15:12:45 -0400
From:      drifter@stratos.net
To:        vallo@matti.ee, almazs@wgn.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump on Archive DAT drive

On Sat, Aug 01, 1998 at 01:08:54PM +0300, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> almazs@wgn.net wrote:
>
> > everytime I tried the following:
> >
> >    /sbin/dump 0uf /dev/nrst0  /usr/src
> >
> > I get the error message:
> >
> >    DUMP: bad sblock magic number
> >    DUMP: the ENTIRE dump is aborted.
> >
> > what preparatory work is req. to get the DAT to work under
> > FreeBSD?
>
> ***
>
> Use command line like:
>
> /sbin/dump 0uf /dev/nrst0  /usr/src/
>
> You must end /usr/src with a slash. I don't know why I must do that, but
> it needs slash, either.
>
> Vallo Kallaste
> vallo@matti.ee

	Hmm, no ending slash seems to work fine on mine: FreeBSD-2.2.6

	/sbin/dump -0ua -f /dev/nrst0 /usr # for example

	By the way, I bought my DAT from Conner, and the boot probe
identifies it as an "ARCHIVE Python 28388-XXX 4.98".
--
drifter@stratos.nospam.net (remove nospam to send)
	"Am I the only one that cringes every time I hear somebody refer