Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 22:04:39 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Steve Reid <sreid@alpha.sea-to-sky.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: calcru: negative time

I get the same thing with my Cyrix MediaGX 180MHz CPU (486-class, according
to boot probes) running 2.2.6-R, although my numbers don't go as high as
yours (latest were -4672 and -4748). It starts a few days after cycling
power to the machine. I ignore it and it doesn't seem to cause problems.
Perhaps this has something to do with 486-class CPUs?

At 09:23 PM 8/3/98 -0700, Steve Reid wrote:
>I recently upgraded from 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2.7-RELEASE, for the PnP
>support (I recently installed a PnP sound card). Since installing the
>sound card and upgrading the OS, I've been getting a lot of messages
>like this on my console:
>
>calcru: negative time: -34008 usec
<<snip snip snip>
>FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE, XFree86 3.3.2.3
>Asus PVI486-SP3 motherboard (non-PnP BIOS)
>AMD 486DX4-100 CPU

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com ludwigp@chipweb.ml.org
ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org