Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:47:01 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        nash@mcs.net
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xacc/gnucash

> > Seems you two created two ports of the same thing.  Can you talk to
> > each other and merge the two? :)
>
> At the time I did the Xacc port I decided to avoid doing a GnuCash port
> because of its development status.  I figured that when GnuCash became
> stable, xacc would go away.

I guess the first thing to do is decide which name should stay.  My
opinion is "gnucash" because that is the name that will be lasting.
"xacc" will go way once gnucash is stable.  That's why I went with that
name, for what is esentually "xacc".

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)