Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:02:16 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FXTV and DGA

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 02:13:07PM +0100, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> As DGA is only used when the FXTV window is not occluded, then
> I guess a small driver with no frame buffer is pretty pointless :-(
>
> Still I agree with Randall, the BIGKERNEL could be on the CD
> and then made the default kernel in the installation program.

This may be a dumb suggestion (I don't use fxtv so I have no idea if this
will work or not), but couldn't the driver be made into an LKM? Then the
user could set an option to have it enabled, during the install process.

As I say, maybe impossible, but it would solve the problems of kernel bloat
and ease of installation at once.

Cheers,

	Scott.