Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:13:03 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rayshade port

Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * From: John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
>
>  * ld.so will continue to work, provided that the libraries are referenced
>  * with both  major and minot numbers
>
> That's the default, right?

Yes.

> I think it's fair to ask people to reinstall everything in
> /usr/local/lib.  The part I was objecting was that they delete
> everything first.

So, let me see if I'm understanding, by reinstalling these ports, you're
expecting the aout libraries to get reinstalled in /usr/local/lib/aout?

> The stuff that are already on the system, I think most of them would
> still work.  (Assuming LD_LIBRARY_PATH overrides -R...does it?)

I think it does except for setuid programs.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137