Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:15:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor nit in 3.0-19980916-SNAP: Missing /usr/lib/aout/libgcc.a

sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
> Minor nit in 3.0-19980916-SNAP (from current.freebsd.org): When you make
> a new kernel, the "make depend" step wants an aout libgcc.a in order to
> link genassym - but there is none in /usr/lib/aout (there *is* an ELF
> format libgcc.a in /usr/lib).

I'm aware of the problem. I haven't committed a fix because I haven't
had an upgrade build complete for some time now. I'm hoping that the
code freeze will let things stablize to the point where commits won't
break things.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137