Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:16:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Huff <rhuff@cybercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "The Complete FreeBSD", first edition: errata and addenda

Greg Lehey writes:

>  The trouble with books is that you can't update them the way you
>  can a web page or any other online documentation.

	Sure you can - IBM did it all the time back when paper
documentation was _it_.  It does increase the cost.
	Instead of binding the pages, print them on 3-hole paper and
distribute in a 3 ring binder.  Publish errata over the net, and a
paper update every time the minor version changes (3.0 -> 3.1).
	Yes, I know why this isn't done; but I also know that it can
be.

			Robert Huff