Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:01:50 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The halloween document again.

On Monday,  2 November 1998 at 15:25:12 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

>>> It's valid; see my previous post
>>
>> Which one?  I thought I saw them all.
>>
>>> or http://slashdot.org
>>
>> You don't seriously expect me to do anything with that URL, do you?
>> All it tells me is that the FreeBSD core team is going to split into
>> two rival factions.  If there's something to report there, you could
>> at least specify the correct URL.
>
> Slashdot is a news service.  Their current lead story "Microsoft admits
> VinodV memo is authentic" contains several references corroborating the
> story.

Ah.  OK.  But http://slashdot.org/articles/98/11/02/1721255.shtml
would still have been a better URL.

> The URL is correct; I suggest your http cache may be giving you
> heartburn.

Not at all.  But most slashdot stuff is written by individuals.
Apparently one message really does suggest that FreeBSD is about to
split up--see today's -questions.  This message is also apparently by
an individual.
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,28215,00.html?st.ne.ni.lh seems to
be more reliable there, but I'll really believe it when WSJ publishes
it.

Greg