Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 98 13:51:33 -0600
From:      "Richard Seaman, Jr." <lists@tar.com>
To:        "Brian Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RFSIGSHARE ready?

I've looked more closely at your patch.  If I understand what it does,
it shares signal actions as well as signal masks between threads.

Its my understanding that POSIX specifies that signal actions
are shared process wide, but that each thread has its own signal
mask.  It appears to me that this is also what linux threads
attempts to implement.

If you want POSIX and linux thread compliant signal handling,
I would think you would share the p_sigacts structure, but
not the p_sigmask structure.  However, I have no idea what
the linux kernel actually does, so if your goal is to match
that, I have no idea if your implementation does that.

Also, FYI, your patches break a make buildworld in gdb too.