Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:37:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New drivers and install floppy space

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote...
> > I'm on the verge of committing four new fast ethernet device drivers
> > to -current, however I'm a bit concerned about running out of space on
> > the installation floppy (these drivers will be added to the GENERIC
>
> Even if we do hit a wall, we can always make it a kern.flp only feature.

Eventually with the growing hardware support we would be back at a
2 floppy boot set it seems. Not a problem in my opinion, but is there a
general strategy or is it simply 'waiting for the wall'?

With sysinstall in re-work this might be the time to consider this 'floppy
full' issue.

Just my $0.02

Wilko