Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:04:51 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Large memory size per process?

When compiling a kernel with 2GB for the max DSIZ we get integer overflows all
over the place.  At 1.5GB we only get one in the elf loader, and it seems to
work okay set that way.  2GB I get all sorts of overflows in the vm subsystem
and havent tried to run that way.  Due to this Im assuming that its impossible
to get large processes in FreeBSD without some major work, is this true?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@flnet.com

                       http://orbit.flnet.com/~henrich