Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:18:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Aaron Gifford <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Writing a HUGE file to tape (SCSI, a DLT7000)

Hello,

I just attached a DLT7000 drive to my FreeBSD box and have
been trying to put a very large file on the tape.  I'm a
total newbie to this SCSI tape stuff.  Here's what happened:

  # tar --create --file /dev/rst0 --verify super_big_four_gigabyte_plus_file
  tar in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
  super_big_four_gigabyte_plus_file: size differs
  #

What did I do wrong?  I tried the same thing on some small
test files and it worked superbly.

Pointers, web pages, e-mail, etc. all welcomed!

Aaron out.