Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 17:41:56 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: find/search a string in Netscape

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 10:19:58PM -0800, Mike Meyer wrote:

> I've worked with Arena, and used it as my default GUI browser in the
> past (it has *by far* the most readable presentation I've seen in a
> web browser), but development stopped.

yes, and ...

not stoped, devolved to that yggdrssil crowd for continuation on linux specific
platforms. a shame realy i was getting to like, inspite of its 'unrelible'
nature on my x windowing system (its a local problem that need more brain that
i can muster to solve).

> I took a brief look a building Amaya on NetBSD, then got

how did it compare with arena, look and feel isues,tools availability ?

i'm trying establish if its worth the effort, so to speak.

> distracted. It's on the list of things to look at for FreeBSD, but
> there are a lot of other things to do as well. Do you have a working

not yet, i've just had a techo problem explained to me. i used to thing all
elf need to run on an elf based system. it appears that most linux apps are
elf based and will run in teh freebsd linux emulator. with this in mind i will
downlaod teh files, since my last look thye now have linux binaries .. what
can i loose .. my p6 and my hard disk .. grin.

> version of Amaya for FreeBSD? Love to see it in /usr/ports!

me too, the toth editor looks really promicing, especiallly when incorporated
into amaya. sadly i won't be the porter, i have enough problems with csh
scripts and as such c code mangling is beyound me.

regards and thx

jonathan .. browserless, in a sea of browsers.