Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:29:25 -0500
From:      Christian Kuhtz <ck@adsu.bellsouth.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ufs async

Hey gang:

Somebody mentioned the other day that UFS async isn't entirely async, and
that directories are (always) sync.  Is that true?

Can somebody elaborate on why that is?

Cheers,
Chris

--
  "We are not bound by any concept, we are just bound to make any concept work
   better than others."                                  --  Dr. Ferry Porsche

[Disclaimer: I speak for myself and my views are my own and not in any way to
             be construed as the views of BellSouth Corporation. ]