Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:46:37 +0900
From:      Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewire[IEEE1394] device driver. [alpha release]

Hello,

I have been implementing firewire device driver for FreeBSD.
Today, I announce the first public release of the driver I developed.
The driver only has limited functions now and the IP implementation is
not accord any Internet Draft submitted to IETF due to chipset
restriction.

But, my driver will be helpful some people for following purposes:

- To use DV equipements.
- To use raw 1394 functions.

I will release improved driver in the next time. My driver supports only
Texas Instruments' PCILynx chipset only. This chip set is equipped on
Radius (Now Digital Origin?) Photo DV/Moto DV firewire card.

You can obtain the driver from

ftp://new-tremaine.cc.uec.ac.jp/pub/firewire

The related URL (ML information and others) is as follows:

http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS

                                                     Katsushi Kobayashi
                                                     ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp