Date:      Mon, 01 Feb 1999 12:16:40 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libradius - Imported sources

> Brian Somers wrote:
> >> Ppp should (obviously) use PAM, not the Radius library directly.
> >
> > Looking into things a bit, PAM and RADIUS are different things.  PAM
> > only does authentication AFAIK.
>
> PAM can do accounting and other stuff too, but none of our current modules
> support it.  Note, however, that accounting isn't implemented in libradius
> either -- it just does authentication (unless you added accounting support
> when I wasn't looking :-).

I was thinking along the lines of the user information that the
RADIUS server returns (IP number, routing info etc).  PAM doesn't
seem to do this (from looking at pam_appl.h) - it just seems to say
yay or nay WRT authenticating the client.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;