Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:31:46 +0800 (CST)
From:      Scott Hazen Mueller <scott@zorch.sf-bay.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/10850: submitting a documentation change for sed(1)

>Number:         10850
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       submitting a documentation change for sed(1)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

I found the following (from sed(1)) unclear:

     A command line with two addresses selects the inclusive range from the
     first pattern space that matches the first address through the next pat-
     tern space that matches the second.  (If the second address is a number
     less than or equal to the line number first selected, only that line is
     selected.)  Starting at the first line following the selected range, sed
     starts looking again for the first address.

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

Suggested re-phrasing:

A command line with two addresses selects an inclusive range.  This range
starts with the first pattern space that matches the first address.  The end
of the range is the next following pattern space that matches the second
address.  If the second address is a number less than or equal to the line
number first selected, only that line is selected.  In the case when the
second address is a context address, sed does not re-match the second address
against the pattern space that matched the first address.  Starting at the