Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: src/sys/pci if_xl.c if_xlreg.h

wpaul       1999/04/30 09:15:46 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/pci              if_xl.c if_xlreg.h
  Log:
  Bunch of updates:

  - Try to unbreak what I broke by screwing with the tx queuing again.
    I'm waiting for a few more people to test out this code and report back
    before I move it into current. Hopefully it will be soon. Basically I
    reverted to the old TX queuing strategy.

  - Add experimental support for the 3c900B-FL (10mbps ST fiber). The card
    should be detected properly and the 10baseFL mode supported, but again
    I'm still waiting for word from a tester to see if this actually works.
    It shouldn't affect the other cards though; all the differences are in
    media selection.

  - Set the TX start threshold register to get better performance.

  - Increase the size of the RX and TX rings. UDP performance was pretty
    bad because the TX ring was too small. Should be substantially better
    now (I can saturate the link with either TCP or UDP now).

  - Change some of the #defines to reflect proper 3Com ASIC names (boomerang,
    cyclone, krakatoa, hurricane).

  - Simplify and reorganize interrupt handler; ack all interrupts right
    away and then process them. This avoids a potential race condition.
    (Noted by Matt Dillon.)

  - Reorganize the bridging code to eliminate using a goto to jump into
    the middle of an if() {} clause. Sorry, that just made my brain itch.

  - Use m_adj() in xl_rxeof().

  - Make the payload alignment in xl_newbuf() the default (instead of
    just conditionally defined for the alpha) to improve NFS performance
    (avoids need for nfs_realign()).

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.34      +126 -95   src/sys/pci/if_xl.c
  1.14      +12 -9     src/sys/pci/if_xlreg.h