Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 01:32:35 -0500
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Natd and ipfw dilemma...

Ok, I've been working on this for quite a while now and don't quite know
how to proceed...

First, the specifics:
I'd like to be able to connect an internal network on the 192.168.16.x
address range, but still be able to connect to the outside world via an
assigned IP address from my ISP (via modem with pppd).

I know this is possible with natd and ipfw, but I'm not sure how.  What
address should I assign to the "gateway" machine?  Should I give it the
internal net address?  Or the external?  In other words, which interface
should I alias, ppp0 or xl0 (ethernet)?

If this makes no sense, let me know and I'll try to clarify...

--
    Michael Maxwell <drwho @ xnet.com>  |  http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
              -- Stop the illegal attacks on Serbia NOW! --