Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:37:50 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: source code for iozone

In the last episode (Jul 08), Zhihui Zhang said:
> Does FreeBSD contain the source code for ports like iozone?  I have
> checked the directory /usr/ports/benchmarks/iozone and did not find
> any source code of iozone.

The ports tree doesn't contain source (except for ports whose code fits
in one file).  The Makefile lists the source tarballs and where they
are located, and when you build a port, the source is automatically
downloaded.

Try running "make extract", then check the "work" subdir.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com