Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:41:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Pierre=20H.=20Dumas?=" <jphdumas@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I am setting up a mail server, using 3.2R and vanilla
sendmail + popper.

primary DNS is set, on the same computer than
mail, ftp, www, etc.
nslookup is working ok from various machines on the
local net.

My problem is : I cannot send mail to
jphdumas@jeambrun.fr

but only to
jphdumas@mail.jeambrun.fr

The usual message is about relaying...

The client I use is Netscape/win95 or IE/win95.

So the question is : how can I setup the DNS
config files for mail addressed @jeambrun.fr
arrive correctly on a computer variously known
as mail.jeambrun.fr ns.jeambrun.fr ftp.jeambrun.fr
www.jeambrun.fr server.jeambrun.fr (This one is
the primary, "real" name)

Yes, I have read handbook, complete FreeBSD, and
the obsolete O'Reilly book on net admin.
But may be I missed or misunderstood a page.

TIA

Jean-Pierre Dumas

P.S. This domain is not really on the net, yet.
I do not subscribe to any list, so please cc me.