Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nick LoPresti <nick@chromatix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need a good recommendation here

This is kinda a long one, sorry for the reading...

HOW IT IS NOW:

1.  Cable modem to the Internet(one IP address)
2.  Internal network with multiple 95/98 machines on it
3.  MSProxy 2 on the NT Server which is connected to the Internet
4.  All clients use Winsock proxy for a non-hassle method of connection to
the net
5.  One FreeBSD 3.2 machine on the internal network

THE PROBLEMS:
1.  FreeBSD machine can't reach internet
2.  Internet(well me from the Internet) can't reach FreeBSD machine

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
1.  I need the FreeBSD machine to be able to get to the net(not being able
to FTP really sux, imagine it...)
2.  I need to be able to reach the FreeBSD machine from the net
3.  I need all my 95/98 clients to still be able to reach the net.

Please note - A web proxy will not be enough.  I use other apps like ICQ and
connect to game servers, access databases, etc.

And finally the question:  How would you guys recommend doing this?  If you
want me to set the FreeBSD machine as the gateway(proxy/NAT) I still need to
able to use all of my programs on my 95/98 machines.  I hear about NAT.
What limitations does it have?  Any other options?

Feel free to ask me other questions about my intentions or current setup.
Whatever I can provide you to help me only makes it better!

Any help is appreciated.  This will help me out a lot guys/girls.  Thanks a
lot.