Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:44:40 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        nik@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no getkerninfo() man page (docs/12220)

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 03:59:00PM -0500, Jonathan Lemon wrote:
> getkerninfo() is depreciated, we use sysctl() instead.  In fact, most of
> the information provided by getkerninfo() is implemented in terms of
> sysctl().

<snip>

> The route(4) manpage says:
>
>      User processes can obtain information about the routing entry to a spe-
>      cific destination by using a RTM_GET message, or by reading the /dev/kmem
>      device, or by issuing a getkerninfo(2) system call.
>
> IMHO, the above sentence should probably be altered by replacing the
> first comma with a period, and throwing away the rest of it.

Sounds fair enough.  I'll allow 24 hours for objections, and then commit
based on that, OK?

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>