Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:30:56 +0200
From:      Terje Elde <delta@xti.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which laptop? Any comment on the vaios?

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

* Brian Somers (brian@FreeBSD.org.uk) [990812 17:06]:

<snip>
> <RANT>
> I'd agree with all that, except that I'd never buy a Sony laptop=20
> again.  The PCG747 I bought last November broke down ~2 weeks after I=20
<snip>

This reminds me of my old compaq. It usually took 3-4 months to get it
fixes, and when I got it returned it'd always have one more error than
when I handed it in, two fixed, three new.

Anyways, they were also really clueless, a firend of mine changed the bios
password as a joke, then forgot what he had types, afraid of the warranty
I didn't want to fix it myself, so I handed it in and the replaced the
motherboard. Now that's smart ppl.

Anyways, I have a feeling most ppl run into these kinds of shit no matter
which laptop they buy, anyone have any positive reports?

Terje Elde

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8--