Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: New combo patch avail

:Since I am currently experimenting with BOOTP in -current, I patched ONLY
:vfs_conf.c and vfs_subr.c with your rootfsid changes.  Works fine in a BOOTP
:configuration.  -current sources are as of last night.
:
:I can now boot a -current system from only a floppy disk with a (kgzipped) kernel
:on it!
:
:
:(plus some patches (see below) to rc.diskless1 where it (bogusly) temporarily
: mounts /usr, since it is already there (it should check for "-d /usr/bin" first),
: and rc.diskless2 to mfs a /var/msgs dir)

    Yah, there's a lot of bogosity in the rc.diskless stuff -- it kinda got
    stale and needs a major update.  My latest rc.diskless stuff avoids
    mounting /var R+W, which means all the NFS mounts are RO now except for
    the swap mount.

    Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.  I'll save your patch.

    Oh shoot, I just realized I forgot the utility support portions in the
    multi-patch #2 (e.g. the updated vnconfig utility).  Ugh.

						-Matt