Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:18:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        bright@wintelcom.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        Doug@gorean.org, dburr@Powered-By.AC, beep@west.net, jdegroof@ix.netcom.com, sblug-users@syv.com, gousha@apple.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: God, this is scary...

> Although the chance to "accidentally" shoot an NT box into deep
> space would be quite satisfying.
>
> The only drawback is some alien race picking it up and coming to
> conquer us based on the assumption that we are a technically inept
> species and therefore conquest would be trivial.

Actually, this wouldn't be much of an issue.  When they first
get into long distance radio range and attempt to access our
computer networks from that distance, the combination of the
requirement to upgrade everything before they can get the the
default home page in Internet Explorer, and the need to babysit
each and every module installation will jack the latency out
so far that mankind will be naturally extinct by before they
get to orbit and obtain a fast enough link to do any real damage.

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---