Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:39:50 +0200
From:      Sebastian Soenksen <soenksen@planlos.crew-kg.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Authentication & PAM

Hi,

I'm trying to set up PAM authentication in our network.
I inserted into /etc/auth.conf "auth_default = pam" and there
is no other attribute. When I log in, I can see in the logfiles
that PAM tries to authentication, but if it doesn't work,
I can STILL log in -- it seems that there is a default fallback
to /etc/master.passwd authentication.

Anybody knows how to change authentication _ONLY_ to PAM?

Thanks & bye
--
Sebastian Soenksen ; http://www.planlos.hanse.de/ ; pgpkey available