Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:27:31 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@internetsolutions.co.jp>
Cc:        mi@aldan.algebra.com, Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libgtop-1.1.0 does not build on -stable

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 11:48:45AM +0900, Yukihiro Nakai wrote:

> Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> >
> > And for a good reason. Please, diff the attached
> >         patches/patch-ag
> > with what's in the tree...
> >
> >         -mi
>
> Commited, thanks.
> Please cvs-up and try again...
> Mikhail's and Konstantin's fix are same.

Note also that libgtop is going to be replaced soon.  The 1.1.x versions
are "unstable development" versions (even though most of the 1.0.x versions
refused to build under *BSD).  Nakai-san and I have been working with the
GNOME author(s) to integrate the FreeBSD patches for this port into the
main release.  Most of this has been done with the arrival of
libgtop-1.0.6 -- one patch got missed (namely the signal stuff that
worked for -current but broke -stable) -- that's now in the tree, so as
soon as libgtop-1.0.7 gets released, we should be able to clean this
one up quite considerably.

I've also got a few more GNOME-related updates ready to roll -- again,
I'm working with the GNOME folks to integrate the portability patches
(as opposed to all the path hacking we do to put things in ../share/gnome/*
etc) back into the main tree, so the number of local patches for the
GNOME ports should be substantially reduced fairly soon.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.