Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:04:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on 3.3-RELEASE panics (doesn't happen with 3.1-RELEASE.)

If you've been reading along...  I've got
a 3.3-RELEASE box which will reliably panic
after running a particular Linux executable.

On a lark, I decided to simply boot a 3.1-RELEASE
kernel there to see what happened.

First, I had to replace /modules/linux.ko with the
3.1-RELEASE version to get the linux executable to
run.

After that - things worked great.  I've been able
to run the reliable reproduction without the slightest
hint of a panic... on *exactly* the same hardware,
etc... (which kinda rules out those possibilities.)

So - I'm inclined to believe there is a 3.3-RELEASE
problem that needs looking into... but, since I can't
get DDB working, I don't have a good idea of where to
start....

  Thoughts?

	- Dave Rivers -