Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:37:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        stabilizer@klentaq.com (Wayne M Barnes)
Cc:        imp@village.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA internal modem (was PCI)

As I recall, Wayne M Barnes wrote:
> Now I try a simple 'AT' command to see if the modem can hear my typing.
>
> The echo of the modem seems to lag 1 character behind.  That is, I only
> see the A after I type the T, and I only get the T after I hit Enter.
> Modem responds OK.

Last time I saw that, it was an interrupt misconfigure.  The receive
interrupt was pointed in the wrong place, so the received (echoed) character
was not processed until the transmit interrupt (from the next
character) was asserted.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net