Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:04:30 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Nathan Mahon <vaevictus@socket.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu
Subject:   Re: ECC RAM useless with FreeBSD?

> Aren't we talking about laptops for astronauts? they're going to be
> used in zero-gravity right? so what does it matter what they weigh?

Because until they get into orbit, they have weight which must be
propelled into space.  Getting it into space is expensive, and there's
no need for ruggedization (except to keep out radiation) like the
military requires.

The weight of anything that must go into space is a big consideration.

This is Brian Handy's queue to jump in, since he has more experience
with this than anyone else I know.

Nate