Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:36:01 -0500
From:      Ryan Coleman <ryan.coleman@cwis.biz>
To:        Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plextor PX-870A drives

On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Joshua Isom wrote:

> On 9/17/2010 7:24 AM, Robert Ames wrote:
>>=20
>> It claims to be able to play audio CDs.
>>=20
>=20
> There's two things I can think of.  With cdcontrol on a cd-rw drive I =
have, it needs the cd audio cable hooked up from the drive to the =
motherboard or else it's silent.  My dvd-rw drive doesn't have that port =
but I haven't tested audio cd's in it.  It's possible the "does play =
audio cd's" is about reading the format rather than playing, and I =
believe cdcontrol tells the drive to play instead of the OS playing it.  =
You could try another media player to see if it'll play the disc or if =
you can rip the tracks off.

So you should plug headphones into the front?