Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:11:53 -0600
From:      aheffner@lakefield.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem installing

I made a 175mb partition on which to install FreeBSD, when i try to install
just the binarie files, it will get to about file 52 out of 69 and say:
"Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes)" and then it
shows on the bottom: /mnt Error: File system full. Though it shouldn't be
full, cause i've got 175mb and it should only take up about 80mb. When i try
installing from a dos partition, c:\freebsd\bin, which has the bin files, it
says: "Can't find a kernal image to link to on the root file system". What
does all this mean? Can i install FreeBSD? Please help.

Mike Heffner				http://netnet.net/~aheffner/
aheffner@lakefield.net         		Manitowoc, WI  54220
heffners@lakefield.net                  USA

Well...You think what you think, I'll think what I know.