Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 10:08:47 -0600
From:      Scott Bolte <bolte@gsao.gso.med.ge.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Scott.Bolte@med.ge.com
Subject:   Re: "panic: page fault" when loading FreeBSD 3.3 on an Athlon system

	Gary,

	Updating the 10/18/99 BIOS to the much more mature (by two
	whole weeks) 11/01/99 BIOS helped, but did not completely
	eliminate the panics. However, reverting back to the "failsafe
	mode" BIOS settings as well did the trick. I was then able to
	complete an installation of FreeBSD 3.3.

	Later this week I'll try some stress tests to check the
	stability of the CPU/MB combination.

		Thanks,

		   Scott