Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 09:53:16 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        louie@TransSys.COM
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th

> Will we try to include the remaining KAME IPv6 integration into 4.0 before
> the freeze?  It would be nice to have 4.0 with a functioning IPv6 stack and
> some applications.
>
> louie

As an information from a person doing merging work,
  -Kernel part is almost done(tcp patch is under review and testing).
  -IPsec userland tools patch is also under review.
  -some more tcp and udp userland tools need to be added but I think
   it can be done including review time before 15th.
Then I think 4.0 will have some enough degree of IPv6 and
IPsec functionalities.

Some items won't make it until 15th,
  -IPv6 multicast routing
  -many IPv6 ports
But after 4.0 is released, KAME package for 4.0 release will
be also made, and I think it can provide those part and other
update for users who needs more intensive support for IPv6 and
IPsec.

Yoshinobu Inoue