Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:32:21 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Christian Kuhtz <ck@arch.bellsouth.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 (Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th)

> Get IPv6 into the tree.  Now.  Thank you.

I don't know quite what makes you think that we came down in the last
shower of rain, but has it ever occurred to you that we're not
_completely_ stupid?

Do you _always_ assume that anyone other than yourself is a complete
moron?  What makes you think that we don't want this code integrated, or
that we don't care about it?  Have you bothered to actually read those
sides of this discussion that have come from the release engineering team?

Wouldn't it be much more sensible of you to assume that there are good
and valid reasons for things being the way they are?  Wouldn't it be much
more sensible of you to enquire as to what these reasons are, or perhaps
to even have paid attention to all the discussions and progress that have
gone on over the last few months (or even just stayed up to date in the
last week, where the whole matter has been discussed)?

Or are you just too lazy?  Too lazy to pay attention?  Too lazy to
actually participate in this process?  Too lazy to do anything other than
to wait until it's too late to do anything, and then randomly sling blame
around?  What _do_ you think you achieve with this?  How do you think
that insulting the people that are actually trying to do the work while
you sit on the sidelines is going to help the process?

It's been said before, and I'm sure it'll be said again; if you can't
or won't offer support or assistance, the very least you can do is avoid
being actively destructive.  Take a few moments to think about what it is
that you and we want to achieve, and how best to get there.  And take a
hint; insulting us is not how to go about it.