Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:17:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Charles F. Dillon" <charlesdillon@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Burning a FreeBSD Disk#1

Well due to a poorly configured yahoo mail acct., I accidentally sent
the replies to two messages regarding this subject to the senders and
not the whole list. If the recipients found my info helpful, possibly
they could repost it.
Here is what I said....sort of.
The ISO-9660 Disk image is one big (600+mb) file that your CD burning
software of choice will "see" as a volume and burn as a proper ISO-9660
filesystem. You will then be able to boot to this CD via CMOS booting
options and happily and easily(if you've done your homework) Install
your choice of the available FreeBSD's.

These are located in the USA at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/

appropirate mirrors can be obtained at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html#MIRRORS-US
for those in the USA
OR
the top of this page had international morrors
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html

the files end in .iso and should be downloaded in binary format (source
in netscape)
I did it via netscape, but if you have a ftp client I would recomend
that.
-cfd

=====