Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:41:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Katcher <katcher@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Camcontrol display anomalies and Zip drive clarification

(Sorry for not using send-pr.  My FreeBSD system is not on the Net.)

1.) Using camcontrol devlist -v with only parallel/SCSI (vpo) prints
strange stuff:

rasputin# camcontrol devlist -v
scbus-1 on xpt922294671 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)
scbus0 on vpo0 bus 0:
<IOMEGA ZIP 100 P.04>              at scbus0 target 6 lun 0 (da0)
<  >                               at scbus0 target -1 lun -1 ()
rasputin#

This is the only SCSI device on this system.

2.) Adding the FAQ-listed items to my kernel allows the ZIP parallel
interface to be seen, but the drive itself wasn't visible.  The fix, which
should be mentioned either in the FAQ or the vpo man page is to force a
more conducive parallel port mode using the kernel ppo configu flags.

Best regards,

Jeff Katcher
katcher@netcom.com