Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:13:51 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.immure.com>
To:        mobile list <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3CCFE574BT works.

I'm in the process of installing my laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000) from
the 4.0-20000117-CURRENT snapshot over a 3Com 3CCFE574BT pccard.  It
is running, but *incredibly slowly*.  I suspect the I may well have an
IRQ conflict but unfortunately the install program didn't give too much
choice.  It puts up a dialog box that seems to allow me to select some
IRQs to not use (I think, the wording is not very clear to me), and if I
simply leave it at the default the ftp transfer hangs (DNS and ftp login
works!).

(Note: I am installing from a server on my local network so there can't
be any firewall or Internet issues.)

If I select one of the options (I think I picked option 2, but I'm not
really sure), the ftp transfers do progress, but at the incredibly rate
of 10KBps (this is on a 10Mbps segment of my LAN).  Watching the packet
traffic with tcpdump on the server I see that for every 12 packets sent
out by the server, I get one ack packet back from my laptop (this may be
correct, I don't know what the window size is).

Anybody have any ideas what's going on?  Could this be due to an IRQ
conflict with the enet card?  Is there some way to get install to pick a
specific IRQ?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox                 Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good.
bob@pmr.com                 I know better. The things I worry about don't