Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:24:56 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Matt Braithwaite <mab@red-bean.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/16115: New port: www/aolserver3  AOL's web server

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 02:10:14PM -0600, Steve Price wrote:

> # Hey, not to whine, but why the name change from aolserver3 to
> # aolserver?
>
> Because I figured we'd never have AOLserver version 2 in the ports
> tree.  Having the number there usually signifies that we have more
> than one version of this port in the tree.  I don't believe it will
> ever be the case with this port, but I could be wrong.

There should be no problem with two ports "aolserver2" and "aolserver".
I would expect that future versions would be more like version 3 than
2, so "aolserver" can be neatly upgraded to version 4 or whatever without
any mess.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey