Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:33:33 -0800
From:      leotherussian <leotherussian@kmfms.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting floppies

Hello,
I can't mount any floppies.  At first I thought it was because the floppies I was trying to mount were ext2fs, but then I tried to mount BSD formatted floppies and I get the same error message, "incorrect super block".  I asked for help about this on IRC but no one seems to know how to fix it.  My floppy drive works because I can format floppies. I just can't mount them.

Here is the exact message:

mount: /dev/fd0 on /mnt: incorrect super block

I tried making /floppy but I get the same message.
I run FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE with the GENERIC kernel.  I'd appreciate any help or tips on solving this problem.  Thanks in advance.