Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:24:37 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        Joe.Spagnolo@nrnsinc.on.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEc support in FreeBSD-4.0

> Hi,
>
> The FreeBSD-4.0 release notes state that IPsec support has been imported from
> the KAME project. It appears that IPSec manual keying is supported, but what
> about dynamic keying via ISAKMP/IKE? The KAME IKE implementation is called
> "racoon" which does not seem to be included with FreeBSD-4.0. I am missing
> something?

Hi,
Racoon is not included into FreeBSD4.0, bacause I didn't have
time to successfully confirm it. Also, the implemetation is
still constantly changing backword incompatibly, so putting it
into some standard dir was difficult.
I am going to add it as a port.

> Can you also tell me which KAME release is bundled into FreeBSD-4.0?
>
> Thanks.

It is initially based on KAME/FreeBSD3.3 on 99/11/01, and
several part is updated as recent KAME changes, but not
completely.

Cheers,
Yoshinobu Inoue