Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 2000 10:42:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>, Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>, remorse code <rone@ennui.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failed

In message <20000404013344.B40974@catkin.nothing-going-on.org> Nik Clayton writes:
: If you (or anyone else reading this) wants to step forward and maintain
: either of these files, please yell now.  For example, /usr/src/UPDATING
: is currently empty in 3-stable because no one's volunteered to maintain
: it.

I have some entries in my mailbox for the 3.x version of UPDATING.
I'll see about getting them committed.

: However, at certain times, in *both* trees, you might need to jump through
: more hoops than that.  The hoops differ depending on where you're coming
: from, and where you're going to.  UPDATING aims to list all those hoops
: (and this is dynamic information, which makes it less suitable for the
: Handbook).

Yes.  Also, for -current's UPDATING I specifically keep things short
and to the point, lest I encourage people to follow -current who don't
have the skills, time or patience that is required of -current.

Warner